CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Well, a long time friend sent this to me & I thought it might be another good way to introduce myself to the world. There is some of my optimism & cynism in it enjoy & comment back if you please....

1. What time is it? 2:00 pm (I'm home sick with my son.)

2. Nickname? Pete, Mom (college friends started it before I had children) & several from childhood I wouldn't mind forgetting

3. Pierced ears? NO & nothing else pierced either now or ever.

4. What is the most recent movie you've seen in the theater? Pride & Prejudice, but I'll be going to see my third in the past 12 months on SuperBowl sunday.. My daughter & I have a standing date, until she succumbs to football insanity, or the Chiefs go & I succumb too.

5. Eye color? no one knows, so the DMV guy about 20 years ago called it hazel, cuz he couldn't figure it out either. It's a mixture of blue, green & brown & which one is dominant varies... don't know why.


6 Favorite food? Have to go plural on this one. My mother's pie & applesauce, my homemade bread, Mozzerrella sticks with good marinara sauce, big juicy (but throroughly cooked well done ) steaks, Janet W's sweet potato casserole, a chocolate cake with cherry pie filling mixed in, and as of Sunday Burger King's Angus burger with bacon & cheese hold the tomato. Ask me next week & the list might be different, except for Mom's pies... I like food.

7. Ever been to Africa? No, only ever got as "foreign" as Canada.

8. Ever been toilet papering? No, but forking yes.

9. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes, several times & most consistently my three kids.

10. Been in a car accident? Yes, but nothing serious involving another car. Garage Door frames & short cement pillars that hold up light posts that aree missing are another issue.

11. Croutons or bacon bits? both, but I don't like the salad or the dressing usually.

12. Favorite day of the week? I like Sunday mornings with church music & friendly hugs,( but I detest the afternoons as the kids go back to their dad's or come here later than expected.) I usually like all of Monday though.

13. Favorite restaurants? PF Chang's China Bistro, Paisano's Italian, Mad Greek, Jade Mongolian Buffet, & as of Sunday, Burger King with it's Angus Burger,

14. Favorite flower? the kind that come up year after year without me having to mess with them, esp. if I can cut them & put them in a vase. Dried & Silk ones are pretty ok too, but HGTV says they've got to go if I care to be fashionable... & since I just reinstated them after dismantling Christmas you can guess what I think of HGTV fashion gurus.

15. Favorite sports to watch? I don't. Ice skating & gymnastics & diving used to catch my eye, but lately the closest I get is movies about sports: Coach Carter, Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, etc.

16. Favorite drinks? an amaretto with 7up is good on a Friday night, but hot chocolate with cinnamon is good every night for about 9 months of the year here in KS, plain old chocolate milk has to do in the summer.

17. Favorite ice cream? anything deserving of a name like "Death by Chocolate" or like bunny tracks.

18. Disney or Warner Brothers? I don't get this question.

19. Favorite fast food restaurant? Until last week the answer was Arby's, but since that Angus burger last Sunday, Burger King wins hands down.

20. What color is your bedroom? a green with just a bit too much yellow to it to be a pretty sage, or to be a pretty color at all.. as I painted it I just kept hoping it would cure to the sage I wanted. 5 months later I just can't decide whether to move or paint it or totally remodel 1/2 the house.

21. How many times you failed your driver's test? The written one I failed the first time. Those questions about how many feet before________-- do you do _______ got me. I still don't know what a 100 feet looks like, nor a car length. I do count seconds & driveways well. I haven't failed any of the driving ones, nor the renewal tests ever.

22. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? Karen C

23. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? JC Penny or Sears would do the job. But truth be told, I think Wal-Mart & Nebraska Furniture Mart are where I did it since the divorce... Thank God & good credit for 0% financing.

24. What do you do when you are bored? Well, I read, but when even that is boring, I usually just go to bed... getting bored before 9:30 is hard to do.

25. Bedtime? About 9:30 if I'm smart or intelligent.

26. Who will respond to this e-mail the quickest? I'd say Janet W, but she sent it to me... so I'll choose Marcia since Messenger says she's actually on line now.

27. Who is the person you sent this to that is least likely to respond? Good question... I left most of them alone this time.

28. Who are you the most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? the people I sent it to... I didn't send it to most people on my list, not because I'm not curious actually, but because I could not be optimistic about them responding.

29. Favorite TV shows? Until recently West Wing & 7th Heaven. I've seen most of the oldies several times now & the new ones aren't as good. I watch movies more often than series. But that ABC show with Ty building houses is fun to check in on (I don't watch the whole thing anymore), and I usually don't channel surf during Grey's Anatomy & Medium, but I'm not calling them "favorites." cuz if I miss 'em then oh well no biggy & I wouldn't have said that about West Wing or 7th Heaven when they were good.

30. Last person you went to dinner with? Janet W. I owed her for her generosity & emotional support & I just plain enjoy her company.

31. Ford or Chevy? There is a Pontiac in the garage, but I DID NOT choose it: it's left over from the marriage. Ironically the week of buying it was an impetus for the divorce. I wanted then & I want now, a car with AWESOME gas mileage, & he choose a guzzler. I will probably replace it with a Honda, Toyota or a Passat, which were what I was encouraging when he wanted a worse guzzler & I "submitted" to the Pontiac.

32. What are you listening to right now? silence

33. What is your favorite color? for at least 3 1/2 decades I automatically responded blue. But I really don't own much of anything blue anymore. & for the first time in almost 2 decades, I could decorate any room I want any way I want & I didn't pick blue. I think, I'll ponder this one a while.

34. How many tattoos do you have? None

35. How many pets do you have? None. Don't like reptiles, allergic to cats, & a child is allergic to dogs... would be the youngest one too.

36. Do you like children? Yes, except I really dislike their lame excuses for not doing their home work ( I don't mind the real ones, like Mom died, Sister went to the emergency room, etc ) & when they get mad at me when they didn't do their homework. Why don't they get mad at themselves for their lack of effort instead of me?

37. How many people are you sending this e-mail to? probably a couple more than want to receive it.

38. Who is your favorite singer? me. I don't really know that many singer's names, & I don't like everything any of them sing. But I do like all the songs I sing, & the version of me I hear in my head is pretty awesome... & I don't have to hear the version of me that you all hear when I do sing.

39. Ever wish you were some where else? yes & some time else too

40. Ever driven a race car? No, but the Pontiac 's speedometer says it will go 180 & I've pretty much wasted over 55-60% of it's potential.

41. Ever been in a fist fight? Not really, I did get punched in the face a couple of months back, but it takes 2 to fight.

43. Fastest speed you ever driven? Probably around 80, but I don't really recall as 70 is as fast as I usually go now... the Pontiac sucks gas at any thing higher.

Now, here's what you're supposed to do...and please do not spoil the fun.
Copy and paste, then delete my answers and type in your answers. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know INCLUDING the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about those who know you.
Remember to send it back to the person who sent it to you.

2 Comments:

Blogger L. Rob Hubb said...

1. What time is it?

4:45pm

2. Nickname?

I spent years trying to lose my nickname - no sense in starting THAT up again.

3. Pierced ears?

No... nothing else pierced or ringed, either.

4. What is the most recent movie you've seen in the theater?

WALLACE & GROMIT IN THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT - much fun.
Normally, I've been DVD'ing it, since there's much more interesting stuff on disc than in the theaters

5. Eye color?

Brown

6 Favorite food?

Preferably, cooked. You see me in person and you realize that I have a lot of favorites.

7. Ever been to Africa?

No... I've been told to go back there on several occasions though.
Whatever could they have meant?

8. Ever been toilet papering?

Yes

9. Love someone so much it made you cry?

Yes - fortunately, I got over that phase.

10. Been in a car accident?

Yes

11. Croutons or bacon bits?

Bacon bits, but only if it's real bacon. The fake stuff doesn't quite cut it.

12. Favorite day of the week?

No particular favorite - each has their plusses and minuses

13. Favorite restaurants?

Thai House, Timberline

14. Favorite flower?

The kind I don't have to weed or take much care of

15. Favorite sports to watch?

All sports, to me, are boring to watch - rather spend the time reading or watching a movie, or something.

16. Favorite drinks?

Usually anything with rum or vodka is good, but have been laying off of the alcohol for quite a bit.

Regular lemonade or raspberry/peach tea by themselves is pretty much a constant... that and water.

17. Favorite ice cream?

B&G's Pistachio, or Chunky Monkey.

18. Disney or Warner Brothers?
(cartoons)

Hands down, Warners... can't beat Bugs, Daffy & The Road-Runner

19. Favorite fast food restaurant?

Hardee's

20. What color is your bedroom?

White walls w/black carpet.


21. How many times you failed your driver's test?

Once, on the driving portion.


22. Before this one, from whom did you get your last e-mail? Karen C

23. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?

hmmm... I'd name a couple book and record stores, but I do a good portion of on-line purchasing for those anymore.


24. What do you do when you are bored?

Sleep or masterbate... er, I mean READ - I READ! OK!??!!

25. Bedtime?

Usually after midnight - the latest is usually 2am

26. Who will respond to this e-mail the quickest?

since this isn't being sent out in this instance, it's not a big concern...

27. Who is the person you sent this to that is least likely to respond?

see above

28. Who are you the most curious about their responses to this questionnaire?

Well *duh*...


29. Favorite TV shows?

Among current shows: MEDIUM, CSI, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Sci-Fi Channel version), NCIS, LOST, INVASION


30. Last person you went to dinner with?

Excluding family members, that would be Karen.

31. Ford or Chevy?

Neither - Land of the Rising Sun, baby!

32. What are you listening to right now?

the expanded soundtrack to "Coma" - recently received a lot of cd's in payment for some scanning work I did.

Kinda esoteric, yeah...

33. What is your favorite color?

Blue

34. How many tattoos do you have?

None

35. How many pets do you have?

Two cats.

36. Do you like children?

Yes, but they're a bit stringy when fried... slow roasting is the proper way to prepare them.


Seriously - yes, but I've had no urges to make any of my own


37. How many people are you sending this e-mail to?

Well, it's your blog... plus whoever takes a peek at the comments.

38. Who is your favorite singer?

Female: Kelly Hogan, Paula Frazer
Male: Mark Eitzel, Joe Jackson, Pat DiNizio


39. Ever wish you were some where else?

All too often...

40. Ever driven a race car?

No, unless you mean the go-kart kind on the tracks

41. Ever been in a fist fight?

Oh yeah... can't say that I liked it much.

43. Fastest speed you ever driven?

100mph

Thursday, February 2, 2006 at 5:13:00 PM CST  
Blogger Pete said...

Hey, 4 people actually emailed answers back.. I even learned new things about my daughter.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 1:28:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home