CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hi, again.
Interesting day to be back at work. Found out that I was on tv news last night. Someone had a secret camera at school & filmed me and other teachers searching the students' bags as they come through the metal detectors. Did they keep the footage of me finding cell phones & CD players, & making the kids mad cuz I was searching too thouroughly? No they showed the film of me pretending to check the bag of a kid I know & trusted. & I mean trusted. There are kids I like; kids I know won't do anything wrong, & kids who the worst thing they'll ever do is bring a cell phone. I check all of their bags. So whose bags don't I really check? 4 girls & 1 guy.
So the teachers who work at the front desk are banging our heads trying to figure out who could have made the video. If it were a kid, we would have been hounding someone in those places to move on to the cafeteria & they couldn't have filmed much on any given day. If it were an adult, then we would have had that person to help us check the bags, or hound the students to pull up their pants, tuck in their shirts & take of hats, hoods & do-rags.
The crazy part of it all is: Usually the other woman videoed & I are volunteers cuz the real teachers on the duty do not come. When the video was shot it was my duty, but no one ever comes to volunteer & help us. The other woman is the type who does everything to help out with the enforcing of rules at school & creating forms & labeling mailboxes in alpha order. Her desk is clean & neat etc. ... she can do it all. She said she is not volunteering anymore.

Ok. my brother & an old friend are both trying to IM me so I'm giving up on typing 3 topics at a time... maybe some thing better next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger L. Rob Hubb said...

WTF??!!!

More than likely, it could have been someone with one of those camera cell-phones - they can do video, too.

Lots of hidden video being shot nowadays.

Thursday, February 9, 2006 at 12:50:00 PM CST  
Blogger Pete said...

that's our theory too.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 at 1:26:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home