CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A much better week at school. Most of us figure it was a kid or under cover kid who did the vidoes. But the principal acts like it was a teacher. Cell phone had to have been the tool.

Parent-teacher conferences at my kids' schools & at mine. I was much more honest with the parents of my students than my kids' teachers were with me... unless I really do have awesome kids. It is one thing for me to say my kids are awesome; but definitely another for everyone else to say so. Ok, one son is doing his best right now... he isn't feeling emotionally awesome so it shows. But for one of my students... I compared the thinness of his work folder to the thickness of a "B" student who is only a B cuz she can earn 100% on the assignments she does do, not because she does them all. Then I showed her how on Vocabulary workbook homework assignments he got 100%, but on similar inclass assignments & on tests over those vocabulary words in the workbook, he got 50% & less. Which is really him? I asked her. i also showed her his forging of her signature. He is a rude bastard... ok I didn't use the last word to her face or ear. but did use a few of his exact words... she got the message. Now on Monday will he still be rude, or will she have worked an attitude adjustment in to him?

Uh, oh I have to leave to meet a friend for a movie. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home