CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dear Audience,

Despite my salutations to the contrary, I know you exist. But you could just leave a comment every once in awhile to prove it to every one else, couldn't you? How do I know you exist ?because when we talk in person or on the phone, or you e-mail me, you mention the blog. Sometimes you even refer to my comments in your blogs...

Now I've noticed that you all have pictures & links on your blogs, & you've asked me to modernize mine. Let me state once & for all, I don't have a digital camera. The way my budget is going, I'm going to never own one. I sometimes have a disposable Wal-Mart version. Now if any of you are techno geeks, who just have to have the newer, bigger memory, smaller sized, better ones & need to "lose" your "old" digital camera to justify it, you can lose it to me. I won't tell your significant others, or your bank balances. It is true that my printer is supposedly a fax, and scanner. It is also true that I've never figured out how to scan & manipulate what is scanned into another type of file. I suspect that the fax needs a 30 foot phone cord to attach it to the nearest phone outlet, but oh wait, I already have my most used phone plugged in there.

When I am done with this entry I will try once more to figure out how to make links to other blogs & sites I enjoy. It is quite a diverse group of you. But there is a problem with one of you. You see, I eventually intend to let my daughter have access to this. Sort of her leaving home present.... And I just don't know if my daughter needs to have full access to some of your pictoral essays. Esp. since she has met you, face to face, and it was none of her business then, and she is turning into a very Christian prude... hopefully not a hypocritical one. But I fear she might.

Ok, I hear some of you laughing. I know, I know. Some of you have thought I was a prude, but I wasn't. I was more chaste than others of my era. I abstained from drugs & delayed my alcohol baptism. But not out of prudery, rather out of FEAR of negative consequences, & I couldn't find a booze that tasted any good.

Anyway, my dearest daughter (& only) has decided to go to a very small, very Christian college. She is going to major in Bible studies & mission ministries & 2ndary education. It isn't actually 3 majors, but only 2. At this time she doesn't want to be a pulpit pastor, & at this time I don't she has a clue what mission ministry really is like. This is a girl who doesn't like to mow grass because of the bugs. This is a girl who primps in the bathroom for 30 minutes BEFORE she turns on the water for a horribly long shower. This is a girl who has to clean out the microwave before she uses the stove below it, or has to clean the stove before she uses the microwave above it. (Yes, I suspect she has some compulsive behavior symptoms, to go with a few Attention deficit symptoms. No, she doesn't have enough symptoms of either that we know of to actually be diagnosed with either. Just enough symptoms to drive us bonkers.)

She is actually a very wise & intelligent young woman, but sometimes you'd think her blonde hair is also a symptom. Just like her momma. ;)

Just spent quite a bit of time IMing a past student. She is truly a grown woman now, unlike how some of my students just think they are. She had her baby on her lap. She seems very happy. She used to be a student I would have you all praying for.

Dang, the dog is lonely & begging for attention. Guess I'd better acknowledge him.

Take care

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home