CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This I have learned:

Long distance daughtering is not for me.

I will not find out from a stranger that my mom needs doctoring, or assisted living or nursing home or, or, or .... is dying. I will not. I will not have 180 miles separating me & making it "too far" to go.

What I can't imagine doing: Long distance mothering.

It would be too hard, too.

There must be a way to be a mother & a daughter at the same time despite the 180 miles... or a way to get rid of the 180 miles & still do both.

But I never seemed to find it during the past decade.

I thought it was my husband's fault, & now I know it was mine, too. He didn't keep me here the past 2 years. I did. Me & My lame excuses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home