CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

FBE's 10 yr old is such a sweetie... and my goodness he has told her a lot about me & our past & our present. I don't think my kids know that much about him or us. She likes reading & writing too. My last phone conversation with his number lasted 45 minutes; I spent over 30 minutes of it talking with her and not him. He had me on speaker phone so he interjected a few times, and translated a few times when I couldn't hear her.

Meanwhile, the wife is ... well, FBE has now hired his own lawyer again. The wife isn't talking to FBE, but having the pastor, her mother & the children deliver messages. She evidently just sat w/o talking in front of the pastor & the church woman that night she brought them over. FBE tried to talk with her, but she mostly wouldn't. The 13 yr old son called her a liar to the pastor, when she claimed that FBE was threatening her, & she had to seek refuge behind her son. I've heard him confirm that he said that. FBE says the church woman now see's FBE's perspective of it all, instead of the wife's. The wife keeps saying that she wants the marriage to last, that she doesn't want a divorce, but then she says she doesn't trust him to not hurt her or be faithful. Why would any one want to stay with some one they can't trust.

Now, why would another woman (me) want a man a wife can't trust? Cuz I know the kids adore FBE & like me. I know that if he was hurtful or abusive they wouldn't. Yes, he does get angry. Yes, I've chastised him for being childish towards her in his anger a few times, but by golly, if she is doing what he says, then I probably would have behaved worse towards her if I were him. Furthermore, I trust him because he was faithful to her for 25 years, despite her acting like she did not like physical intimacy. He gave her warning that he was tempted to look before he did. He did not cheat until after he filed for divorce. He did not cheat w/ just any one, but with some one she knew he had loved before. So, the only person I would have to worry about him cheating with is her, and let's just say that I'm rather certain he ain't tempted. If he's faithful to me for 25 years, ... well, heck he'll over 70 & I won't be far behind... & I've a date with a college sweetie when it's time to hit the nursing homes anyway. Yeah, that guy is happily married now, and we barely know each other anymore, but hey, a deal is a deal. And I'll be such a wild woman by then that I'll be able to keep up with 2 men if they can get it up. ;)

All those who believe that, raise your right hand, aim it at the reply button & tell me so.

Today's bedside table inspirational message states: "God has a purpose and a plan in the operation of the universe. God is never in a hurry, but God is ALWAYS on time."

When I was a teenager, I had a repeated dream that I was unmarried & pregnant, but it was NOT FBE's baby. I already knew by then that I had dreams that came true. But I also saw FBE & I together when we were older. It puzzled me. Then what do you know, but there came a time when I was unwed & pregnant, and now FBE & I are together. I could never have become who I am married to FBE, he was & is too nice to make me learn to stand up for myself. I had to get sick of being picked on. I would never have been strong enough to be a teacher with out my experiences away from FBE & with others. I could never have given kids the understanding ears w/o those experiences. They did not kill me, but they tempted me to die. They made me stronger, and I really hope I'm done with those kinds of experiences. Ok, being stronger wouldn't be bad, but I think it is now a matter of positive reinforcement and alternative perspectives for me to grow versus negative experiences.

May you have the experiences that help you grow stronger & be more faithful to God as you know he won't give you more than you can handle. May you remember that all joy is available through him also & everything will ALWAYs be on time.

Take care,
Pete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home