CynicalOptimist

blatherings about life, the universe & everything.... or more likely just books, students, family, & someday politics, religion and those more esoteric themes related to self actualization. Trying to be optomistic, but raised w/ Tricky Dick, bumbling Ford, Teflon Ron, Waffling-Read-My-Lips Bush & Slick Willie as her formative Presidents. Could we once again have intelligence & integrity in our nation's capital & capitol?

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Dear Folks,

I have a wonderful man in my life.

I was feeling whiny & pouty on Friday. It was agreed that we just wouldn't see each other this weekend cuz of money & kids. I told him on the phone that I was just whiney & pouty... spoiled brat thing, nothing serious. I had tears welling up in my eyes. He heard them. He asked what was wrong. I tried to hide it... asked him why he thought I'd have anything wrong.

He came.

Guess he paid attention to the fact that I had just been out pumping iron when it was under 40 degrees.

We did get some bad news this week. The divorce can't be finalized on the 5th. We must wait for April 8th at 1:30. This was super bumming.

We wanted to have Valentine's as two single people. Two people who are free to publicly express their love. I think he wants to formally propose, but I won't let him even discuss it again until the divorce is final. But we do anyway. We want to marry.

All three of my kids think we should wait until Eric graduates. They call it "fair." Hannah even told me that she & I are on the same time schedule because she needs to finish college first. Wouldn't I expect her to wait almost 4 years? I pointed out that I have my degree, and that I would only expect her to be able to figure out how to finish college.

It's late & FBE is on the phone... gotta love the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home